Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hexagon quilt-a-long progress

It's been a slow week on the quilting front, but I managed to get all my hexagons made for the hexagon quilt-a-long put together by Julie over at jaybird quilts, and here they are layed out on my sewing room floor
I've been toying with the layout this afternoon, and I think this is the final layout.  I really liked the offset hexagons in the hexagon-ish layout, just for something different. 
I auditioned a few different color as the background, but I think I like this cream kona solid, because the colors in the hexagons are pretty bright and bold.
I have two rows done and sewn together so I have one complete column of hexagons done!  More hexagon madness to come...

Jessica 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like how that cream solid sets them off !

    This is fun !

    I took all the papers out of my hexagon Bible-cover-piecing, and then realized that I need more rows !
    So it's been kindof wild whipping them together without the cardboard in one of the two pieces I'm stitching at the time......but it sure makes it easier to handle !

    I ran short of the flat fleece batting I use, so have to put the project on hold for another week.

    I bet you'll be finished with YOURS by then !
    You go, girl !

    ReplyDelete