Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mini Finishes



So I've had a few mini little projects that I had wanted work on once I finished my last quilt. A coworker of mine desperately wanted a set of these to give her daughter as a gift the minute I had showed them to her. I cant blame her, they just make me smile looking at them.



I really can't get over how easy they are to make! I think start to finish it took about 3 hours to finish all 4. I took them into work today to give them to her, and she was thrilled!

As for my second little project, on Sunday we celebrated Fathers day and my birthday with my inlaws. I had taken my Nook and my mother in law was playing around with it, and decided that she also needed to have one! So we ran over to Barnes and Noble so she could buy one, and she wanted to know if I could make her a holder for it like mine.



Of course I said yes and came up with this little number. I went back to my stash of Amy Butler fat quarters and used about 8 different prints between the outside/lining and binding.



I followed more along the lines of the tutorial with this one, however did not do the applique or fancy stitches, instead just stitching in the ditch. I used 2 inch strips, so when they were sewn they were 1.5 inches wide (the far right and far left strips were trimmed slightly smaller so that the finished product was appx 9.5 inches wide).



After seeing how the holder with the strips came out, I think I need to make one like this for myself also!

As for whats next...I think next I'm going to work on a quilt for my mom to give to her as a Christmas gift using Oh Fransson's Mod Sampler Quilt-Along and I think this will be the perfect quilt to use some of my favorite fat quarters from my Amy Butler bundle!

No comments:

Post a Comment